Wednesday 3 April 2013

My time in Paris

(Apologies that this post took so long to make an appearance - I kept having technical annoyances)


I love everything about France. The language, the fashion, the culture. And even though I'd been to many beautiful parts of France, My desire had always been to go to the big city of Paris. And now I've had a taste of Paris, I need to go back!
I will tell you all about it...

First Day

We had been travelling all through the night and most of the morning, but that didn't stop us from jumping straight into an event packed day! 
First stop was the Fragonard Perfumery which was very beautiful and interesting, as we were told all about perfume; the key places to put perfume on your body, and we took part in an activity where we matched the scents with the picture. I would have loved to buy a perfume, but they were quite expensive and there was so much choice! 
 We then went to 'Le Gallery Lafayette', a huge department store that you really do need lots of time on your hands to be able to look through properly. It is full of beautiful items and all of the designer brands you can think of! Sadly, we only had about an hour to look around, but we made it our goal to go right to the top, and the view was wonderful. You can see for miles.
 Next stop was 'Le Louvre', a museum full of astonishing artwork; paintings, statues, and exhibitions. The vivid paintings on the ceilings of battle scenes and celebrations captivated me. I also saw the hugely famous Monna Lisa. There is so much to take in. And I would definitely recommend people to go here if they visit Paris. I definitely want to go back to 'Le Louvre'.
 Like I said, we had an event packed day, and we weren't finished even after exploring the Louvre for hours. We finally arrived at the Eiffel Tower! It is enormous. We were all determined to walk to the top, but, it was extremely windy that day meaning the pinnacle of the tower was off limits. We did walk to the first floor, however. And once I had walked up to the first floor, I realised this was high enough for me! It was terrifying, yet, wonderful to be so high up. The view was extraordinary, but it was so scary! I am amazed at the people who built the Eiffel Tower, how much effort they must have put in, and the fact that they built it so high up!


The Eiffel Tower 


Me all wrapped up warm, and terrified!



















Second Day 



Another full day! We got up early and after nosing around Carrefour, we went straight to 'Chateau de Versailles'. The hallways were lined with statues, but big white sheets covered them. It was all quite eerie, actually. The place was beautiful, though. There were huge rooms with artistically painted walls and ceilings, and there was a lot of history to go with it. I found the bedrooms of past monarchs fascinating, yet, creepy. 



The gates of Chateau Versailles
We then went on a boat trip around Paris, where we saw the landmarks of Paris from more of a relaxed perspective, as we could just sit there taking pictures as the boat went past. I enjoyed the boat trip very much despite the fact that it was freezing cold!
 After the boat trip, we were allowed to walk along the lovers' lock bridge, where people write or engrave messages to their lovers on a padlock and throw away the keys into the water below. I just think it is so romantic, and I even saw a couple putting a lock onto the bridge together! 


Some of the locks on the bridge
The exterior of Notre Dame Cathedral


Just before stopping for dinner in a Parisian restaurant, we went to Notre Dame Cathedral which is so beautiful. There were huge queues to get in, as there was a service being held to honour the new Pope, but we all managed to get in! The ceilings were so tall and the atmosphere was incredible. 


Third Day 


My last day in Paris! We went to the Arc de Triomphe and had some funny group photos together underneath it! Again, this monument was huge! There seems to be a reccuring theme in Paris. After looking at the Arc de Triomphe, we were allowed to walk down the Champs-Élysées and go into the shops. 
 Afterwards, we walked all the way up to the Sacre Coeur which is so high that you can see the whole of Paris. This was another spectacular view. We were also allowed to look around the little shops down the cobbled streets, I bought loads of souvenirs on this day. And after a wonderful weekend in Paris, it was sadly time to go home.
 

I hope you have enjoyed this post about my experience in Paris, and I hope that maybe I have given you a good idea of what some of the places in Paris are like! 
I love Paris, and I want to go back as many times as possible! It has given me some of the best experiences and memories to treasure.
                                                 
If you want to, follow me on my:
Twitter- http://twitter.com/_wattey
Instagram- http://instagram.com/eleanorwattey

Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment