Monday 8 April 2013

Care for yo' lips!

Hello! So, today whilst doing my daily lip care routine, I suddenly decided to write a little post about lip care! This is sort of just me sharing what I do and sort of a product review... I'm a poet and I didn't know it.
 My lips looking and feeling soft and pretty is important to me and this is why I take the time to care for them. Let's be honest, caring for your lips isn't too much strenuous work, so why not take a couple of minutes out of the day to do it? (Rhetorical Question)
 My favourite products to use on my lips are the 'LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub' and 'Classic Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm'.



Lip Scrub and Lip Balm

 I think the lip scrubbing part is important in order to achieve soft lips. So, for the lip scrub, I take a small amount and buff it all over my lips with my finger. The lip scrub is practically made of sugar so it dissolves into your lips quickly and you can lick the excess off (delicious!) before applying the lip balm. The lip scrub costs £5.25 and was from the LUSH shop. I would recommend it because I think it is brilliant and I'm sure it will last ages because of the amount of product in the jar. However, if you really don't want to spend the money I'm sure there are some 'make your own lip scrub' recipes online. 
 Obviously, applying balm afterwards is a must to achieve full softness, so after the short lip scrubbing process I generously apply the lip balm all over my lips! I'm not sure how much the lip balm I use costs, but I think you can easily get it from Boots, Superdrug, or your local pharmacy. I love my Carmex lip balm because it feels different to any that I've tried before. When the lip balm is first applied it gives a slight burning feeling, but don't be put off, because shortly afterwards the lip balm becomes completely soothing and your lips feel very soft! I think this product is very effective.

 I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that it opened your eyes to lip care! (Ha) 
And maybe you will try the products I have talked about and love them like I do! 

Feel free to follow me on:
http://twitter.com/_wattey
http://instagram.com/eleanorwattey 


Eleanor x



No comments:

Post a Comment